How it Works
The Power of 100 is an idea borrowed from other similar organizations across the nation. Each quarter, members nominate charitable organizations who work in the Bismarck/Mandan area. Members come together for a one hour event where three charities are randomly selected. The nominating member makes a brief presentation about the organization they are representing about why that charity deserves to be selected. All attending members in the audience vote and the selected charity will receive donations of $100 by each member in attendance. Each event has the potential to generate $10,000 for a local charity!
Membership Roles & Responsibilities
- Events are one hour or less and will be held four times a year.
- A member (or member team) commits to donating $100 per event. ($400 annually)
- If you are unable to commit to $400 a year, you can join as a team with a friend or family member. Teams of 2-4 women may share a commitment together. Each team is allowed only one vote per event.
- Active members/member teams are eligible to nominate a charity. To be considered for selection, the nominations must be submitted with a completed charity nomination form.
- At each event, members vote to select a charity. Only members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote.
- Members bring a blank check written out directly to the selected charity. If a member is unable to attend, they may leave their signed, blank check to another member to deliver on their behalf.
- Members not in attendance will be notified by their team leader and should plan to get their check to the group within 3 business days.